Friday, May 05, 2006

The Doer of Works

The whole purpose of life is to realize one's inherent Godhood. There is no God, no saint and no power in which we can place any confidence for the purpose of our salvation, except the power of divine Wisdom within ourselves. Only when man realizes the presence of God within himself will he begin his infinite life, and step from the realm of evanescent illusions into that of permanent truth. This realization can be attained in only one way -- by the abandonment of the personal self.

Only when the illusion of "self" has disappeared from my heart and mind, and my consciousness has arisen to that state in which there will be no "I," then will not I be the doer of works, but the spirit of wisdom will perform its wonders through my instrumentality. (Philosophia Occulta.)

Paracelsus
1540

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home